- Consider: The Great Role of Parents and Family
- in assisting us in our formation by informing us.
- Consider: THE WHAT: Our Mission - To know, love, & serve THE WHO: God (and others).
- Consider: THE HOW: The SOS of it.
- Consider: THE WHY: To Save Our Souls (SOS)
- and to Help Others Save Theirs (HOST).
- Consider: THE WHEN: Now, A.S.A.P.
- Consider: THE WHERE: Ever. 091615
- Catechesis according to Church Teaching
- 1.) "Parents are the first to pass on the faith to their children & to educate them in it." (Second Vatican Council's Decree on Laity)
- 2. "Catechesis is an education in the faith of children, young people & adults..." "...in an organic & systematic way...", "...into the fullness of Christian life."
- (Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) - p. 8, no. 5, 1994 USCCB, Ligouri Press, St. Louis)
- 3.) The Family and the Church "build(s) catechesis on four pillars:"
- (Church teaching from Sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture, the teaching Magisterium of the Church (the Pope, and the Bishops in communion witgh him...) (CCC - p. 9, no. 13)
4.) The Four Pillars of Catechesis...The Creed, The Liturgy & The Sacraments, The Life of Faith (the moral life), & The Lord's Prayer. (See CCC) or The Roman Catechism.
5.) Parents teach eating, sleeping, dressing, cleaning, working, counting, pronounciation, etc. - PARENTS ARE TEACHERS!
6.) Parents teach manners, responsibility, respect, right from wrong, prayers & why God made us. - PARENTS ARE CATECHISTS! (If parents wrote down the things they already say or do to teach & to catechize, they might be very surprised. )
7.) Parents could write down what they already say or do in a FAMILY DAILY CATECHISM SCHEDULE & use it with the Catechism ABCs of Ask a Catechism Question for the Bulletin Board, according to the Church Calendar.